Students enrolled in a Rockshop Academy Summer Session engage in a week of intensive exposure, learning band performance, basic writing techniques, band marketing and imaging. Students will form a band, compose and arrange songs and perform a live concert, with the guidance of the Rockshop Academy Pros & Advisors.
Through a combination of playing as a group, and break-out sessions involving specific instruments, students will learn the essential elements necessary to play in a band and the basic tools to easily write a song.
Summer sessions culminate in a live performance open to the public at a popular venue in downtown Santa Barbara.
Weeklong Summer Sessions Include:
- Hands on instruction and constructive critique from RA Instructors on how to play with a band.
- Exposure and access to RA Advisors — professionals working at some of the biggest music and media companies in the business.
- All-ages live performance by student bands at local venue, attended by friends and family.
- Discounts for one full year on Rockshop Academy rehearsal space.
- Free admission to any appearance by visiting Rockshop Advisors during the summer sessions, covering music industry topics relevant to all aspiring musicians.
- The most inspirational time of your life making music and making friends!
2013 Summer Sessions:
June 17-21 June 24-28 July 8-12 July 15-19
July 22-26 July 29-August 2 August 5-9
August 12-16 (songwriting)
(Students bring sack lunch M-Th, pizza provided Friday)
Open to all aspiring musicians between the ages of 10 and 17.
Sessions are $399 per week.
Register by May 31, 2013 and receive $50 off per week.
Additional weeks are available at a discount.
"It refreshes my drive for practicing and playing more and more, to see how good I can actually get." — Wyatt D.